- Design thinking
- New product development
- Behavioral Economics
- Joo, J., Lee, A. J., & Park, J. H. (2018). A New Framework of Design Management and Three Additional Requirements To Apply Design Management to Korean Companies: Experience Design, Collaboration, and Trial and Error. Design Convergence Study, 17(6), 145–165.
- Chung, J., & Joo, J. (2017). Effect of Empathy on Designers and Non-designers in Concept Evaluation. Archives of Design Research, 30(3), 57–71.
- Lee, Y., & Joo, J. (2017). Using Design Methods to Improve Design Quality: Verbalizers vs Visualizers. The Design Journal, 20(Sup1), 1471–1484.
- So, C., & Joo, J. (2017). Does a Persona Improve Creativity? The Design Journal, 20(4), 1–17.
- Jung, B., Lee, Y., and Joo, J. (2017). The Relationship between Art Preference and Attitudes toward Art-Infused Product: With a focus on the Moderating Role of the Market Exposure of Artwork. Archives of Design Research, 30 (2), 197-211.
- Lee, Y., & Joo, J. (2015). How a Design Executive Officer Can Craft an Organizational Culture. Design Management Journal, 10(1), 50–61.
- Petersen, S. I., & Joo, J. (2013). Crowdsourcing Designers’ Insights into Collaboration. Archives of Design Research, 26(1), 47–59.
- Chang, Y., Kim, J., & Joo, J. (2013). An Exploratory Study on the Evolution of Design Thinking: Comparison of Apple and Samsung. Design Management Journal, 8(1), 22–34.
- Kim, Y., & Joo, J. (2013). The Moderating Effect of Product Market Competition In The Relationship Between Advertising Expenditures And Sales. Journal of Applied Business Research, 29(4), 1061–1076.
- Petersen, S. I., & Joo, J. (2015). Inspirational Design Briefing. In M. G. Luchs, S. Swan, & A. Griffin (Eds.), Design Thinking: New Product Development Essentials from the PDMA (pp. 15–26). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Petersen, S. I., & Joo, J. (2012). Improving Collaborative Concept Evaluation using Concept Aspect Profile Method. In K. S. Swan & S. Zou (Eds.), Advances in International Marketing (Vol. 23, pp. 207–222). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- “Effect of Display Type of Non-Product Information on New Product Adoption,” PHBS Seminar, Shenzhen: China, 2016
- “When and To Whom Form-Superior Products are Evaluated More Favorably,” Academic Design Management Conference, London: UK, 2014
- “Three Risk Management Methods Creative Talents Could Learn from Designers: Empathic Observation, Group Brainstorming, and Rapid Prototyping,” Academic Design Management Conference, London: UK, 2014
- “Design Brief: Using Behavioral Decision Theory to Help Designers Research More,” Young Scholars Conference on Product Design, Williamsburg: Virginia, 2013
- “Learning about Innovative Risk Mediation Strategies from Entrepreneurs in Creative Industries,” Annual Meeting of Association of American Geography, New York: New York, 2012
- Joo, Jaewoo (2012), “Predicting Consumer Preference: Prediction Strategy and Data Presentation,” in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 40, eds. Zeynep Gürhan-Canli, Cele Otnes, and Rui (Juliet) Zhu, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 747-748.
- “Pedal Your Creative Cycle: Effect of Process Constraint on Creativity,” Experience the Creative Economy, Toronto: Ontario, 2011
- “Effect of Others’ Design Evaluation on Self Design Evaluation,” International Conference on Design and Emotion, Chicago: Illinois, 2010
- “Less for More: Effect of Visual Complexity on Consumer Preference,” Young Scholars Conference on Product Design, Williamsburg: Virginia, 2009
- “Misjudgment of the Diagnosticity of Information Group,” Judgment and Decision Making Pre-Conference, Orlando: Florida, 2009
- Joo, Jaewoo (2009),”Does Feedback Always Facilitate Learning?: Degree of Preference Development and Degree of Feedback Complexity“, in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 36, eds. Ann L. McGill and Sharon Shavitt, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 1025-1026.
- Joo, Jaewoo (2008),”Two Designer Skill Sets: Perspective Taking and Creativity“, in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 35, eds. Angela Y. Lee and Dilip Soman, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 1022-1022.
- “Striking When the Iron is Hot: Curiosity Based Advertising and Timing of Resolution,” Behavioral Decision Research in Management, Los Angeles: California, 2006.
- “Design Briefs’ Quality Drive Design Performance,” Huffington Post, June 9, 2014. (with Soren Petersen and Shelley Takahashi)
- “Dessert-Design: The Art of Touching All Five Senses!” Huffington Post, July 16, 2013. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Strategies for Design Expression,” Huffington Post, August 8, 2012. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Design & Social Entrepreneurship,” Huffington Post, July 10, 2012. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Creating Paradigm Shifting Insights Using Co-Creation and Crowd Sourcing,” Huffington Post, November 11, 2011. (with Soren Petersen, Tina Santiago, Tanja Aitamurto, and Richard Spence)
- “What Designers Say About Marketing,” Huffington Post, November 8, 2011. (with Soren Petersen)
- “How Marketing Researchers see Design,” Huffington Post, October 31, 2011. (with Soren Petersen)