- Design thinking
- New product development
- Judgment and decision making
- Chung, Jaehee and Jaewoo Joo (2017), “Effect of Empathy on Designers and Non-designers in Concept Evaluation,” Archives of Design Research, 30 (3), 57-71.
- Lee, Younjoon and Jaewoo Joo (2017), “Using Design Methods to Improve Design Quality: Verbalizers vs Visualizers,” The Design Journal, 20 (sup1), S1471-S1484.
- So, Chaehan and Jaewoo Joo (2017), “Does a Persona Improve Creativity?” The Design Journal, 20 (4), 1-17.
- Jung, Bohee, Younjoon Lee, and Jaewoo Joo (2017), “The Relationship between Art Preference and Attitudes toward Art-Infused Product: With a focus on the Moderating Role of the Market Exposure of Artwork,” Archives of Design Research, 30 (2), 197-211.
- Lee, Younjoon and Jaewoo Joo (2016), “How a Design Executive Officer Can Craft an Organizational Culture,” Design Management Journal, 10 (1), 50-61.
- Petersen, Soren and Jaewoo Joo (2013), “Crowdsourcing Designers’ Insights into Collaboration,” Archives of Design Research, 26 (1), 47-59.
- Chang, Youngjoong, Jaibeom Kim, and Jaewoo Joo (2013), “An Exploratory Study on the Evolution of Design Thinking: Comparison of Apple and Samsung,” Design Management Journal, 8 (1), 22-34.
- Kim, Yura and Jaewoo Joo (2013), “The Moderating Effect of Product Market Competition In The Relationship Between Advertising Expenditures And Sales,” Journal of Applied Business Research, 29 (4), 1061-1076.
- “Effect of Display Type of Non-Product Information on New Product Adoption,” PHBS Seminar, Shenzhen: China, 2016
- “When and To Whom Form-Superior Products are Evaluated More Favorably,” Academic Design Management Conference, London: UK, 2014
- “Three Risk Management Methods Creative Talents Could Learn from Designers: Empathic Observation, Group Brainstorming, and Rapid Prototyping,” Academic Design Management Conference, London: UK, 2014
- “Design Brief: Using Behavioral Decision Theory to Help Designers Research More,” Young Scholars Conference on Product Design, Williamsburg: Virginia, 2013
- “Learning about Innovative Risk Mediation Strategies from Entrepreneurs in Creative Industries,” Annual Meeting of Association of American Geography, New York: New York, 2012
- Joo, Jaewoo (2012), “Predicting Consumer Preference: Prediction Strategy and Data Presentation,” in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 40, eds. Zeynep Gürhan-Canli, Cele Otnes, and Rui (Juliet) Zhu, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 747-748.
- “Pedal Your Creative Cycle: Effect of Process Constraint on Creativity,” Experience the Creative Economy, Toronto: Ontario, 2011
- “Effect of Others’ Design Evaluation on Self Design Evaluation,” International Conference on Design and Emotion, Chicago: Illinois, 2010
- “Less for More: Effect of Visual Complexity on Consumer Preference,” Young Scholars Conference on Product Design, Williamsburg: Virginia, 2009
- “Misjudgment of the Diagnosticity of Information Group,” Judgment and Decision Making Pre-Conference, Orlando: Florida, 2009
- Joo, Jaewoo (2009),”Does Feedback Always Facilitate Learning?: Degree of Preference Development and Degree of Feedback Complexity“, in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 36, eds. Ann L. McGill and Sharon Shavitt, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 1025-1026.
- Joo, Jaewoo (2008),”Two Designer Skill Sets: Perspective Taking and Creativity“, in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 35, eds. Angela Y. Lee and Dilip Soman, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 1022-1022.
- “Striking When the Iron is Hot: Curiosity Based Advertising and Timing of Resolution,” Behavioral Decision Research in Management, Los Angeles: California, 2006.
- Petersen, Soren and Jaewoo Joo (2015), “Inspirational Design Briefing,” in Michael G. Luchs, Scott Swan, and Abbie Griffin (ed.) Design Thinking: New Product Development Essentials from the PDMA, Wiley-Blackwell, 15-26. (Presented at the Product Development Management Association (PDMA) 2015 annual conference, Anaheim: California, November 7-11, 2015)
- Petersen, Soren and Jaewoo Joo (2012), “Improving Collaborative Concept Evaluation using Concept Aspect Profile Method,” in K. Scott Swan, Shaoming Zou (ed.) Advances in International Marketing, 11 (23), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 207-222. (Presented at the “Xtreme Competence Xtreme Confidence,” 35th Product Innovation Management Annual Global Conference, Phoenix: Arizona, October 29-November 2, 2011)
- “Design Briefs’ Quality Drive Design Performance,” Huffington Post, June 9, 2014. (with Soren Petersen and Shelley Takahashi)
- “Dessert-Design: The Art of Touching All Five Senses!” Huffington Post, July 16, 2013. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Strategies for Design Expression,” Huffington Post, August 8, 2012. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Design & Social Entrepreneurship,” Huffington Post, July 10, 2012. (with Soren Petersen)
- “Creating Paradigm Shifting Insights Using Co-Creation and Crowd Sourcing,” Huffington Post, November 11, 2011. (with Soren Petersen, Tina Santiago, Tanja Aitamurto, and Richard Spence)
- “What Designers Say About Marketing,” Huffington Post, November 8, 2011. (with Soren Petersen)
- “How Marketing Researchers see Design,” Huffington Post, October 31, 2011. (with Soren Petersen)